Students in the Agricultural and Environmental Plant Science program at Pennsylvania State University may specialize in various disciplinary foci related to horticultural or agronomic crops including turfgrass.
Specialties include plant breeding, genetics, and genomics, agricultural ecology, ecophysiology, management of cropping systems, plant nutrition, root/soil interactions including microbiomes, plant physiology, international agriculture, abiotic stress biology, climate resilience, plant molecular biology and biotechnology, horticultural crop marketing, pomology, viticulture, vegetable production, and weed science.
- M.S. and Ph.D. students in Agricultural and Environmental Plant Science will demonstrate competency and breadth of knowledge in their chosen specialization within plant science-related disciplines.
- They will create new knowledge by conducting and reporting relevant research within their sub-disciplines.
- Students will be able to communicate with diverse audiences regarding issues related to crops and their social and environmental impacts.
- They will develop analytical and critical thinking skills so that they can apply their knowledge to agriculturally and environmentally relevant problems.
- They will become practiced in applying the principles of academic integrity and proper research methodology and reporting.
- Current Issues in Agricultural Innovation
- Effective Scientific Communications
- Supervised Experience in College Teaching
- Thesis Research
- Thesis Research Off-Campus
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesAgriculture Botany Environmental Sciences View 158 other Masters in Botany in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Pennsylvania State University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Applicants should have a B.S., B.A. or comparable degree in agricultural or biological sciences with strong academic performance.
- A minimum junior/senior grade-point average 3.00 (on a 4.00 scale) is required in all courses in the biological and physical sciences.
- Applicants must submit a statement of interests and goals and three letters of reference.
International43260 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 43260 USD per year during 12 months.
National43260 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 43260 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State26062 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26062 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for University Park
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.