Study Urban Design and Community and Regional Planning at University of Texas at Austin
The Urban Design and Community and Regional Planning MSc/MSCRP dual degree is offered at University of Texas at Austin. Upon matriculation candidates must complete a flexible core sequence of design, history/theory and technology in urban design. After successful completion of the core sequence, students are qualified to commence advanced study in the discipline, focusing on topics ranging from Sustainable Design, Cultural and Historic Landscapes, to issues of Urbanism and Landscape Architecture.
- Urban Design History, Theory, Criticism
- Urban Design Studio
- Qualitative and Participatory Methods
- Viz-Comm and GIS
- Public Economics and Finance
- Planning Law
- Sustainable Land Use Planning
- Planning: Theory and History
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArchitecture Urban Planning Community Development View 101 other Masters in Community Development in United States
- Online application
- Statement of purpose: A 1,000-1,500 word essay that addresses your interest in Urban Design with respect to your academic and professional objectives, the factors that led you to apply to the UTSOA, a situation or job that helped you define your interest, your most substantial professional contribution and why you view it as such, and/or any other factors related to your academic or professional experience that you wish to convey to the admissions committee.
- Three letters of recommendation
- Résumé or Curriculum Vitae
- Upload portfolio as a single pdf through the portfolio credential on MyStatus: The level of creative skill you possess in any medium; The extent of your interest in the proposed degree program, made evident through your abilities in composition, physical form-making, or perception of the environment; Your ability to translate ideas into physical form, even if in simple terms such as drawing.
International18490 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9245 USD per semester during 36 months.
National18490 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9245 USD per semester during 36 months.
In-State9676 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4838 USD per semester during 36 months.
Living costs for Austin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.