- The Languages and Cultures programme is offered at the Purdue University.
- Applied linguistics and linguistic graduate programs are available at the School of Interdisciplinary Studies within the College of Liberal Arts.
- A minimum of 30 hours of graduate-level course work is required for the M.A. (24 hours for the M.A. thesis option). For the Ph.D., 60 hours of course work beyond the B.A. are required, along with a dissertation (30 credit hours of research). For full-time students, the M.A. program normally takes four semesters to complete. Graduate students receive college-level teaching experience while pursuing their degrees. Because of the favorable faculty-student ratio, individual guidance of student programs of study is possible, and graduate classes and seminars are small.
- Applied Linguistics/ Second Language Acquisition
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Language Studies Languages View 781 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in United States
- Recommendation Letters
- Statement of Purpose
- Critical Essay
- This should be a writing in English and a writing in the language you wish to pursue a graduate degree in.
- Speaking Sample
- The speaking sample should demonstrate both your spoken English and the language in which you are fluent to teach. The digital MP3 may give autobiographical information, describe your reasons for seeking a graduate degree, or be a brief commentary about a favorite work of fiction or a significant current event. Do not read from a prepared script. Use spontaneous speech, please.
International28794 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14397 USD per semester during 24 months.
National28794 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14397 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State9992 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4996 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for West Lafayette
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.