The Computer Engineering program from University of California, Riverside offers the B.S. + M.S. program and the M.S. degree in Computer Engineering. Specific requirements or each degree are described below. It prepares students for careers in the design of complex systems involving computer hardware, computer software, electronics and electrical signals for communications, networking, desktop computing, and embedded computing.
Students must be in residence at least one year and complete a minimum of 44 quarters units of graduate and upper division under- graduate courses in or related to the major subject area. Students who have completed similar courses elsewhere may petition for waiver of a required course or for substitution of an alternative course. For students interested in interdisciplinary research, individual study programs can be approved. The normative time for the completion of the M.S. in Computer Engineering is two years.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Core Course
- Technical Elective
- Graduate level CS/ECE course OR approved undergraduate technical elective (General Elective)
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering Computer Sciences View 1044 other Masters in Computer Sciences in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A bachelor's degree, or its equivalent, from an accredited institution. The degree must represent the completion of a program equivalent in subject matter and scholarship to that offered by the University of California. Although we welcome promising students from all disciplines, entering students must have a substantial background in both electrical engineering and computer science.
- A minimum of 3.2 GPA (on a 4.00 scale) in the undergraduate junior and senior years, and at least 3.5 in any graduate study. These averages are considered the minimum requirements; the actual standard for admission is set by the current pool of applicants, and is generally higher.
- All applications are initially reviewed by the graduate program before a recommendation is submitted to the Graduate Division for final approval.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International17696 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8848 USD per semester during 12 months.
National17696 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8848 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State7628 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3814 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Riverside
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.