The Marine Science MSc program is offered at University of Texas at Austin. Facilities for graduate work in marine science are based in Austin and at the shore-side laboratory of the Marine Science Institute in Port Aransas, Texas. The Institute is located on the Aransas Pass ship channel among the dunes at the tip of Mustang Island, with easy access to bays, beaches, and the Gulf of Mexico. Environmental systems nearby include the hypersaline Laguna Madre, seagrass meadows, fresh and salt water marshes, and the continental shelf. The Port Aransas facility offers research vessels, a specialized library, classrooms, laboratories, and flowing seawater system.
Course work taken in Austin often includes supporting work in other natural science departments. At least one semester is normally spent on the main campus. Students then reside in Port Aransas while they undertake thesis or dissertation research at the Marine Science Institute. These students also take additional courses there, including the majority of their core courses, other organized courses, seminars, and training cruises. Graduate student apartments are available at the Institute.
- Conservation Biology
- Landscape Ecology
- Population Biology
- Plant Molecular Biology
- Cell Biology
- Molecular Biology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHydrology & Water Management Marine Engineering Natural Resource Management View 74 other Masters in Marine Engineering in United States
- Application for Admission to the University must be completed online.
- Statement of Purpose: A statement of one to two pages in length (approximately 700 words) outlining your reasons for pursuing a graduate degree at The University of Texas at Austin should be submitted as part of your online electronic application (in the essay/statement section). Describe your motivation for pursuing graduate study and your academic and professional interests and goals. Describe your research interests and why you chose UT Marine Science Institute.
- Three (3) Letters of Reference are required for each applicant.
- Transcripts: You must provide one copy of the academic transcript from every senior college you have attended.
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Admission is not considered without the report of GRE scores and (if applicable) official report of TOEFL scores.
International18162 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9081 USD per semester during 24 months.
National18162 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9081 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State9216 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4608 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Austin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.