Students at the Information Studies and English MSIS/MA dual degree offered at University of Texas at Austin come with professional ambitions in information organization, digital humanities, database design, usability, information policy, preservation, and the cultural status of information and communication technologies.
Areas with particularly strong thematic and methodological overlap with the iSchool include:
- Bibliography and Textual Criticism
- Digital Literacies and Literatures
- Popular Culture and Cultural Studies
- Women, Gender, and Literature
- Digital Humanities
- Methods of Research
- Perspectives on Information
- Literature and Film
- American Literature
- World Literature
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLibrary Science Informatics & Information Technology Literature View 826 other Masters in Literature in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Texas at Austin and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- ApplyTexas Application Form
- Application Fee
- Transcripts: Transcripts written in a language other than English must be accompanied by an official translation
- TOEFL or IELTS Scores
- Writing Sample: Your Writing Sample should be between 15 and 25 pages double spaced. This document should demonstrate your readiness and aptitude for graduate study, in particular your ability to recognize and to effectively state research-worthy problems.
- Statement of Purpose: Your Statement of Purpose should be 1 to 2 pages single-spaced. The purpose of this essay is to give the faculty a clear idea of a) why you want to pursue a career in this field including; b) what topics in the field of Information Studies and English interest you; c) how you have prepared yourself for graduate study in Information Studies and English; d) why you want to pursue your graduate degree at the University of Texas at Austin.
- Three Letters of Recommendation
International18740 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9370 USD per semester during 36 months.
National18740 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9370 USD per semester during 36 months.
In-State9888 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4944 USD per semester during 36 months.
Living costs for Austin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.