Candidates of this Tropical Plant and Soil Sciences at University of Hawaii at Manoa may specialize in genetics and breeding of tropical fruits, vegetables, or ornamentals; physiology, culture, and management of tropical fruits, vegetables, or ornamentals; morphogenesis; crop and stress physiology; post-harvest physiology; growth regulation; plant biochemical genetics; plant cytogenetics; weed science; computer modeling; or turf and landscape management, cropping systems, plant-soil relationships, soil chemistry, soil physics, soil management, soil and water conservation, soil fertility, and soil microbiology.
About the Program
Courses offered in botany, biochemistry, plant pathology, food science, genetics, microbiology, and zoology, combined with courses offered in TPSS, will provide considerable flexibility in the development of a program suited to a student’s career objectives.
- Special Topics
- Geospatial Analysis of Natural Resource Data
- Plant Growth and Development
- Interdisciplinary Methods for Agrarian Systems
- Environmental Landscape Technologies and Systems
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesSoil Science Botany View 158 other Masters in Botany in United States
- Hold or expect to hold prior to matriculation a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited U.S. college or university, or an equivalent degree from a recognized non-U.S. institution of higher education.
- Submit a copy of the passport identification pages, or a copy of the national identification card if a passport is not available.
- Submit one transcript or academic record from each institution of higher education attended, including any study abroad or exchange programs, summer programs, and non-degree work and extension programs.
- Applicants whose native language is not English are required to take English Language Proficiency.
- Show proof of sufficient funding to cover all educational and living expenses, including expenses for any accompanying spouse or children.
International33648 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16824 USD per semester during 12 months.
National33648 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16824 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State15600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7800 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Honolulu
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.