With millions of pages of tax law, regulations, and Internal Revenue Service (IRS) pronouncements, taxation is anything but a simple subject. You can gain the expertise you need to become a highly valued tax adviser by earning the Master's in Taxation at Pennsylvania State University, available online through Penn State World Campus. When you branch off into a career in taxation, you serve as a client advocate — someone who promotes tax compliance and limits tax liability in accordance with tax laws.
This program's core course work, taught by renowned faculty from the Penn State Smeal College of Business, explores critical topics related to international taxation, corporate taxation, tax procedure and policy, and more. We take a practical approach, engaging you with course work that integrates real-world case studies.
Taxation specialists tend to have a more consistent client base and more predictable schedules with greater work-life balance compared to some other areas of accounting. Program graduates may fill a variety of tax adviser roles with the "Big 4" and other accounting firms, large and midsize corporations, the Internal Revenue Service, government agencies, banks, hospitals, universities, and more.
- Corporate Taxation and Financial Reporting
- Survey of Tax Topics
- Tax Law and Policy
- International Taxation
- State and Local Taxation
- Topics in Corporate and Tax Law
- Predictive Analytics for Business
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Accounting Taxation View 45 other Masters in Taxation in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- For admission to the Graduate School, an applicant must hold either (1) a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or (2) a tertiary (postsecondary) degree that is deemed comparable to a four-year bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution.
- Applications are submitted electronically and include a nonrefundable application fee.
- Official transcripts from each institution attended, regardless of the number of credits or semesters completed.
- English Proficiency
- References (2)
- Statement of Purpose — Describe how your professional experience and goals align with the Master's in Taxation. Please do not exceed 500 words.
- Vita or Résumé
International33630 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1121 USD per credit during 12 months.
National33630 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1121 USD per credit during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.