The curriculum from Sogang University aims to develop philosophical thinking and acknowledgement ability based on the Christianity and so that it will help students to discover and realize the right meaning and worth of life and living.
The Course of Studies for the Philosophy Master’s Degree
- Students must earn at least 45 credits in order to receive a Master’s Degree. These must include 33 credits in courses of the Philosophy Department and 6 credits in the courses offered by other departments. A thesis (corresponding to 6 credits) must be submitted.
- The Comprehensive Examination must be taken after the Foreign Language Examination has been passed. Candidates’ knowledge of epistemology, metaphysics (including special metaphysics), ethics (including social philosophy) will be tested by a 60-minute oral exam. Oriental philosophy will be divided into Chinese philosophy 1, Chinese philosophy 2 and Korean philosophy, each topic being tested by a 60-minute written exam.
- History of Ancient Western Philosophy
- History of Medieval Western Philosophy
- Chinese Philosophy
- Logic, Philosophy of God, Social Philosophy, Philosophical Anthropology
- Philosophy of Religion, Buddhist Philosophy
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesPhilosophy & Ethics Religious Studies & Theology Christian Studies
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Online Application
- Offline application
- Two Sealed Recommendation Letters
- Diploma or Certificate of (Expected) Graduation
- Official Transcripts
- English Test Score Report
- Color Copy of Passport
- Original Statement of Bank Balance
International10656 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5328 USD per semester during 18 months.
- 6,257,000 KRW Per semester
Living costs for Seoul
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.