You will explore key characteristics of the international system, nation states, balances of power, security and the domestic influences of foreign policy.
You'll also have the opportunity to study optional units that support your career goals. Subjects include geopolitics, intelligence, terrorism, strategic geography and energy security.
The future of international relations and national security
From climate change to terrorism, cyber threats to the plight of refugees and mass human displacement, the international system is growing evermore complex. To address contemporary challenges, international relations and national security professionals require diverse theoretical and practical training that responds to real-world situations.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Apply knowledge of the principles and concepts of international relations and national security in work related settings; foster gained knowledge and develop strong independent research skills through minor and major research projects
- Critically analyse and interpret major political, security, socio-economic and policy issues using an international relations and security studies framework; think creatively to develop effective policy solutions to national and international challenges
- Identify, systemise, process, and critically evaluate and synthesise relevant data from a range of appropriate sources; create an effects-based policy product
- Communicate, both verbally and in writing, comprehensive analyses of complex international relations and national security data or theories
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 6 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesInternational Relations Terrorism & Security View 59 other Masters in International Relations in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A recognised bachelor degree or equivalent.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14800 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14800 AUD per year during 6 months.
Living costs for Sydney
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.