Food Science from Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia aims to provide professional development of students, providing experience in problem definition, hypothesis formulation and testing, data acquisition, analysis and interpretation, and project presentation. Students work under the guidance of a supervisor who is a full-time academic staff of the faculty.
Students at Food Science from Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia will:
- possess sound knowledge in the field of Nutrition.
- apply the gained knowledge in areas of research and production of nutritious foods, food safety and quality, food regulations as well as food and nutrition education programs.
- Protein Product Technology
- Science of Fats and Oils
- Sugar and Chocolate Confection Technology
- Advanced Food Microbiology
- Experimental Technique in Food Science
- Advanced Food Chemistry
- Food Safety Management
- Food Quality
- Current Techniques in Food Microbiology
- Food Processing Operations
- Food and Nutritional Toxicology
- Food Packaging
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesNutrition & Dietetics Health Sciences Food Sciences View 178 other Masters in Health Sciences in Malaysia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University Kebangsaan Malaysia and/or in Malaysia, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field with minimum CGPA 2.50 or equivalent, from any institutions of higher learning recognized by the UKM Senate; or
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field with minimum CGPA 2.00 – 2.49 or equivalent, with minimum of 5 years working experience or research project in relevant field. Proof of the working experience of a foreign candidate should be acknowledge by the embassy of the respective country;
- An international student shall obtain minimum results of TOEFL iBT score 46 / IELTS band 5.5 / CEFR band B2 / MUET band 3 (An international student who comes from a country where English is the official language, or who has obtained academic qualifications from any institution of higher learning that uses English as the medium of instruction may be exempted from the requirement for TOEFL / IELTS / MUET); and
- Fulfill other requirements prescribed by the UKM Senate from time to time.
International2288 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2288 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National1305 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1305 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
- National RM 5,950
- International RM 10,430
Living costs for Kuala Lumpur
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.