Environmental Sciences (Research) from Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia aims to provide professional development of students, providing experience in problem definition, hypothesis formulation and testing, data acquisition, analysis and interpretation, and project presentation.
Students at Environmental Sciences (Research) from Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia will:
- work under the guidance of a supervisor who is a full-time academic staff member of the faculty.
- be examined through the presentation of a thesis, and may be required to take prescribed subjects in research methodology or any other subject deemed necessary by their principal supervisor
- undertake extra activities in consultation with their supervisor to enhance and develop their skills as a researcher, where these activities are documented each year in the form of a study plan.
- Air and Water Pollution
- Land Use and Its Control
- Forest Fires and Forest Ecology
- Pesticide Resistivity
- Environment Health and Security
- Biological Monitoring and Environmental Impact Assessment
- Geology and Engineering Geophysics
- Basin Analysis
- Petroleum Geology
- Environmental Geology
- Economic Geology and Industrial Minerals
- Geotourism and Conservation Geology
- Regional Geology
- Remote Sensing and Gis
- Coral Reef Ecology and Mangroves
- Invertebrate Diversity, Fishes, Microbes
- Vulnerable Seaweed Phenomenon
- Climatic Weather Patterns Related to El Nino and La Nina
- Heavy Metals and Radionuclides
- Remote Sensing Applications
- Gis for Monitoring Coastal Changes
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Application can be made any time throughout the year.
DisciplinesEarth Sciences Educational Research Environmental Sciences View 30 other Masters in Educational Research in Malaysia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor’s Degree with CGPA ≥ 2.75 from University or any higher learning institution recognised by the Senate; or
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science or other qualifications equivalent with CGPA 2.50 – 2.74, subject to minimum of one year working experience in related field; or
- Fulfil other requirements prescribed by the programme (where applicable); and
- Fulfil requirements of the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA);
- An international student shall obtain minimum results of TOEFL (550)/ IELTS (5.5 / MUET (band 3).
International2474 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2474 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National1333 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1333 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
- National full time: RM 6,078
- National part time: RM 8,325
- International full time: RM 11,280
Living costs for Kuala Lumpur
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.