Molecular Biology (Research) from Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia aims to provide professional development of students, providing experience in problem definition, hypothesis formulation and testing, data acquisition, analysis and interpretation, and project presentation.
Students at Molecular Biology (Research) from Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia will:
- work under the guidance of a supervisor who is a full-time academic staff member of the faculty.
- be examined through the presentation of a thesis, and may be required to take prescribed subjects in research methodology or any other subject deemed necessary by their principal supervisor
- undertake extra activities in consultation with their supervisor to enhance and develop their skills as a researcher, where these activities are documented each year in the form of a study plan.
- Structure and Functions Gen
- Genomics and Bioinformatics
- Molecular Biology
- Animal Science
- Structures Biology
- Plant Biotechnology
- Microbiological Interactions
- Environmental Biotechnology
- Developmental Biology
- Signal Transduction
- Natural Complex Biology
- Mammal and Biological Cell Biology Fermentation
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Application can be made any time throughout the year.
DisciplinesBiology Biotechnology Molecular Sciences View 35 other Masters in Biotechnology in Malaysia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field with minimum CGPA 2.75 or equivalent, from any institutions of higher learning recognized by the UKM Senate; or
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field with minimum CGPA of 2.50 – 2.74 or equivalent, subject to rigorous internal assessment; or
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field with CGPA < 2.50, with minimum of 5 years working experience or research project in relevant field.
- An international student shall obtain minimum results of TOEFL iBT score 46 / IELTS band 5.5 / CEFR band B2 / MUET band 3;
- Fulfill other requirements prescribed by the UKM Senate from time to time.
International2474 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2474 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National1333 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1333 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
- National full time: RM 6,078
- National part time: RM 8,325
- International full time: RM 11,280
Living costs for Kuala Lumpur
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.