Using the competencies for Education for Sustainable Development (ESD) defined by the United Nations, the MEd SCI program provides learners with the knowledge and skills to create transformative learning opportunities anywhere in the world. Designed for part-time study, the MEd SCI program is delivered in a flexible, completely online format. Students will be exposed to ground-breaking courses on sustainable happiness, sustainability education and Indigenous culture and language. The accessible faculty at CBU are committed to teaching excellence through a direct learning curriculum, undertaking original research to support sustainability scholarship. Students have the option to complete the degree through the applied research project route or the thesis route.
Cape Breton University's Education in Sustainability, Creativity and Innovation program is approved by the Maritime Provinces Higher Education Council for teaching license reclassification. While popular amongst teachers, a Bachelor of Education is not a pre-requisite for the MEd SCI program. Admission is open to other applicants who express an interest in expanding their education and seek professional development opportunities.
- Sustainability and Entrepreneurship
- Health Promoting Schools
- Research Methods
- Education for Sustainability, Creativity and Innovation Project
- Digital Citizenship in a Global Community
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Visual Arts Liberal Arts View 47 other Masters in Liberal Arts in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor's Degree with a B+ (75%) average from a recognized university a completed application form, with the non-refundable application fee .
- official transcripts for all previous post-secondary study a resume detailing employment experience, skills, community involvement and interests.
- a 500-800 word statement on desire to enter the program.
- three reference letters, preferably including one professional and one academic reference, each accompanied by a completed reference form.
- satisfactory scores on the GMAT or GRE.
- satisfactory scores on the TOEFL/IELTS (for students whose native language is not
- English) satisfactory performance in an interview.
International1640 CAD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1640 CAD per module during 48 months.
National1640 CAD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1640 CAD per module during 48 months.
Living costs for Sydney
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.