Whether you are looking to advance your career options or have a greater impact on the development of workforce competencies and treatment policy and resources, you will benefit from the advanced addictions counseling curriculum.
Due to the growing opioid epidemic, there is an increased, emerging need for addiction and substance abuse counselors. The online master's degree in addiction counseling will benefit professionals working in fields such as probation and parole, criminal justice, nursing, physician assistants and public health. Graduates will learn to improve their effectiveness in responding to the clinical problems associated with the opioid epidemic and substance use disorders. In addition, Drexel University’s MS in Addiction Counseling (Online) degree will provide a pathway to eligibility for your state addiction counseling certifications.
- Understanding Prevention and Prevention Programs
- Research Methods in Behavioral Sciences
- Ethical Issues in Addictions Counseling
- Approaches to Substance use Disorders
- Motivational Enhancement Skills
- Treatment Planning and Relapse Prevention
- Substance Use Counseling with Populations
- Clinical Skills
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCounselling Psychology View 124 other Masters in Counselling Psychology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- GPA of 2.5
- While specific clinical work and/or volunteer experience is not required, it may make your application more competitive
- A completed application
- Official transcripts from all universities or colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions (including trade schools) attended
- Two letters of recommendation from either professional colleagues or your previous academic professors—you may submit two professional letters, two academic, or one of each. All letters should:
- Be submitted on letterhead
- Include how the writer knows you, in what capacity, and for how long
- Highlight the academic, personal, and professional qualities that would make you a good candidate for the program
- Specifically state whether or not the writer would recommend you for graduate admission into the MS in Addictions Counseling program (yes or no)
International34941 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 613 USD per credit during 12 months.
National34941 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 613 USD per credit during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.