The Psychology (Professional) program from Curtin University will equip you with education and training in the professional practice of psychology and is designed to integrate coursework, research and placement components with an emphasis on experiential learning. You will be provided with a rewarding and relevant learning experience throughout the course.
Throughout the program, linkages are made specifically for you to develop detailed understanding of the relationships between psychological theory, the scientific evidence base for these theories, and the clinical applications of both theory and research. The skills you develop will enable you to operate from a scientist practitioner perspective, with well-developed knowledge of psychometric measurement, case formulation, treatment planning and intervention strategies.
This course provides access to a wide variety of employment opportunities in government and non-government counselling and mental health services. After graduating from this course, you are eligible to apply for registration as a psychologist with the Psychology Board of Australia once you have completed your internship and successfully completed the National Psychology Examination.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Apply psychology knowledge, principles and practice to achieve client-centred and evidence-informed outcomes
- Generate effective solutions through critical analysis, reflective practice and professional reasoning
- Critically appraise information and apply it to contemporary psychology theory and practice
- Communicate effectively and appropriately to ensure positive and effective therapeutic and inter-professional relationships; use relevant documentation and reporting processes including the ethical disclosure of professional information
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Sociology View 100 other Masters in Psychology in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A four-year Bachelor of Psychology or equivalent completed within the last 10 years, approved by the Australian Psychology Accreditation Council. Entry to this course is competitive and shortlisted candidates will be interviewed.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International36800 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 36800 AUD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Sydney
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.