Combining effective training in basic animal science and an extensive laboratory animal science curriculum, this program builds a solid foundation in all aspects of laboratory animal science and animal facility management.
Graduates of the Master of Laboratory Animal Science (Online) at Drexel University have careers in the laboratory animal facilities of universities, biotechnology companies, government agencies, and pharmaceutical companies, where they serve as veterinarians, supervisors, managers, IACUC administrators, trainers, educators, and consultants, and are able to help animals in a variety of crucial ways.During the program, we ask that you have a consulting mentor (lab animal veterinarian or authorized representative) at your current workplace that is available to help you should you need it throughout the curriculum.
- Laboratory Animal Seminar
- The Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee’s (IACUC) Role in Animal Research
- Clinical Orientation In Laboratory Animal Facilities
- Financial Management In Laboratory Animal Science
- Arch Eng & Plan For Anim Fac
- Animal Anatomy
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Health Management Animal Sciences View 365 other Masters in Health Management in United States
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher is preferred
- Those with a lower GPA are encouraged to apply, but should ensure that relevant professional experience is included on their resume for evaluation
- Current employment in a laboratory animal facility, with a minimum of two years hands-on experience
International36652 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1496 USD per credit during 24 months.
National36652 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1496 USD per credit during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.