What you will learn
The International Development programme offered at IE University is an innovative programme that revolves around the 5 Ps of the UN’s 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development: people, planet, peace, prosperity and partnership.
The following key topics give students the tools to understand the mechanics of international development in today’s world. Students will gain the analytical, critical thinking and management skills they need to propel their careers into the future and drive positive global change, through a combination of independent research projects and classwork.
The programme is structured around practical examples and case studies, with a unique week-long immersion experience at a UN operation, giving students the opportunity to apply the theoretical knowledge they have acquired to real-world challenges.
- Human Rights and Social Inclusion
- Political Economy of Climate Change
- Peace, Justice and Strong Institutions
- Econometrics and Data Analytics
- Strategic Planning and Risk Analysis
- Probability and Statistics
- 10 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Rolling admissions
DisciplinesInternational Relations International Law International Development View 17 other Masters in International Law in Spain
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at IE University and/or in Spain, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Bachelor degree from an accredited university
- Official university transcripts (certified translation into English or Spanish)
- 1 page CV/Resume
- 1 essay
- 2 letters of recommendation
- English language certificate – for non-Native English speakers: we accept the TOEFL (minimum score of 100), the IELTS (minimum score of 7), Duolingo English Test (minimum score 120) or a Cambridge Advanced or Proficiency level. A certificate is not required if you completed an undergraduate degree in English. The validity of all previously mentioned English language certificates for IE’s admissions process is two years, from the date you took the exam.
- Photocopy of current passport
- Passport size picture
- Application fee: 150€ (fee is not refundable)
International32000 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32000 EUR for the full programme during 10 months.
EU/EEA32000 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32000 EUR for the full programme during 10 months.
Living costs for Madrid
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.