Research areas within the Faculty of Creative Multimedia
Faculty of Creative Multimedia (FCM) focuses on research areas covering topics in Design & Creativity, Animation & Visual Effects, Advertising Design, Virtual Reality, Video, Film Production & Cinematography, Interface Design & Product Design, Media Arts, Multimedia Learning & E-learning, Interaction Design, Sound and Music, Visual Communications & Graphic Design, and Media, Culture & Humanities. FCM is also interested to venture into other areas for the improvement of knowledge and skills in the field of creative multimedia.
Join the Creative Multimedia (By Research) programme at Multimedia University.
Programme StructureFields of Research
- Digital media
- Film and animation
- Virtual reality
- Multimedia programming
- Environmental media
- Media innovation & technology
- Interface design
- Education technology
- Sound and music communication
- Knowledge management
- 36 months
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign Visual Arts Film, Photography & Media View 20 other Masters in Design in Malaysia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Multimedia University and/or in Malaysia, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A Bachelor’s degree with a minimum CGPA of 2.75 or equivalent, in a Creative Multimedia or related field from MMU or any institutions recognised by the Senate; OR
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with a minimum CGPA of 2.50 and not meeting CGPA of 2.75, in a Creative Multimedia or related field from MMU or any institutions recognised by the Senate, and evidence of at least one (1) year relevant working or research experience, can be accepted, subject to rigorous internal assessment; OR
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent not meeting CGPA of 2.50, in a Creative Multimedia or related field from MMU or any institutions recognised by the Senate, can be accepted, subject to a minimum of five (5) years working experience in the relevant field.
International887 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 887 USD per year during 36 months.
National710 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 710 USD per year during 36 months.
- National: RM 3,000 per year
- International: RM 3,750 per year
Living costs for Melaka
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.