Global agriculture and food security is fundamental to the survival of the human race. Dryland (rain-fed) farming systems are incredibly important to maintaining sustainable and profitable food production throughout the world, particularly in southern Australia.
Experts and innovators in dryland agricultural systems are critical to ensuring food security in ecosystems challenged by water scarcity and biophysical constraints.
The Dryland Agricultural Systems program from Curtin University covers science and technology for crop, pasture and livestock production. This includes the roles of genetics and management in achieving optimum production against environmental constraints, and their integration into viable farming systems.
This qualification will provide you with the skills to pursue a career in agricultural research and development, and as consultants/advisors to the livestock and cropping industries in Mediterranean environments around the world. Employers are likely to include Government and private research organisations, agricultural consultancy groups, and individual growers and grower groups.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Acquire professional skills in management of soil, crop, pasture and livestock, allowing the application of this knowledge to a wide variety of rainfed farming situations
- Use logical scientific methods to analyse problems and apply this knowledge to a wide variety of rainfed farming situations especially in a Mediterranean context
- Students will be fluent in current literature, theories and practices of production technology and their integration into farming systems
- Use a broad range of communication skills appropriate to the audience
- Select and use new and established technologies appropriate to dryland farming systems
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesFood Sciences Agriculture View 17 other Masters in Food Sciences in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A recognised bachelor degree in science and competency in agricultural systems or related discipline to the level of second-year tertiary study
- A recognised bachelor degree with honours in a related field
- A graduate diploma in a related field.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International33800 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33800 AUD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Sydney
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.