The International Relations and Master of Laws MA/LLM dual degree offered at IE University teaches them to manage global legal transactions with a business approach through international exchanges, legal venture clinics and practical methodology.
In today’s globalized world, an international perspective is not just an advantage—it’s a necessity. By working directly with large companies, international law firms, organizations, governments and NGOs, students gain a global mindset that helps them excel in any position and any sector. In just 22 months, they acquire the skills, knowledge and experience necessary to go out in the world and make a difference—whether through legal practice, policy-making, entrepreneurship or any other area.
After completing the Master in International Relations, students switch gears and begin the Master of Laws (LL.M.), gaining highly specialized legal expertise complemented by a broader set of skills. In the Master of Laws (LL.M.), students can either 1) gain a General LL.M. with a broad understanding of International Business Law, International Dispute Resolution and Intellectual Property and Technology, or 2) choose to specialize in one of the three subjects, paving their own individual path to career success. With the skills they gain in global affairs and law, graduates of this Dual Degree are perfectly prepared to enter the international job market and tackle global challenges in legal environments.
- International Political Economy
- History of International Relations
- Diplomacy, Sanctions, and War
- International Law and International Organizations
- Common Law Systems
- International Contracts
- European Common Market Law
- 22 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Rolling admissions
DisciplinesInternational Relations International Law Master of Laws (LLM) View 34 other Masters in International Relations in Spain
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor degree from an accredited university
- Official university transcripts (certified translation into English or Spanish)
- 1 page CV/Resume
- 1 essay
- 2 letters of recommendation
- English language certificate – for non-Native English speakers: we accept the TOEFL (minimum score of 100), the IELTS (minimum score of 7), Duolingo English Test (minimum score 120) or a Cambridge Advanced or Proficiency level. A certificate is not required if you completed an undergraduate degree in English. If you take the TOEFL or the IELTS, your English exam is valid for two years, from the date you took the exam
- Photocopy of current passport
- Passport size picture
- Application fee: 150€ (fee is not refundable)
International54750 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 54750 EUR per year during 22 months.
EU/EEA54750 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 54750 EUR per year during 22 months.
Living costs for Madrid
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.