Master of Medical Sciences - Mixed Mode (Coursework and Research)
The Master of Medical Sciences (Basic Medical Sciences) at International Islamic University of Malaysia. currently offered six (6) specializations, as follows:
Master of Medical Sciences - Research only
The Master of Medical Sciences currently offered eighteen (18) specializations, as follows:
- Audiology Sciences
- Clinical Embryology
- Clinical Pathology
- Medical Anatomy
- Medical Biochemistry
- Medical Education
- Medical Genetics
- Medical Microbiology
- Medical Parasitology
- Medical Pharmacology
- Medical Physiology
- Molecular Biology
- Orthopaedic Research
- Perioperative and Critical Care Science
- Public Health
- Reproductive Sciences
Programme StructureCourses Overview
- The programmes are highly structured with clear learning objectives. Fixed hours will be assigned for classroom, practical and other teaching and learning activities.
- A full-credit system based on semesters as being practiced by the rest of the university is used. The academic year consists of two regular semesters and one short semester.
- The regular semester have 14 weeks of lectures each while the short semester has only 7 weeks. The duration of leave or holiday within and between each semester is determined by the university with some discretion given to each department.
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Administration Health Sciences View 152 other Masters in Health Sciences in Malaysia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- At least three (3) principal passes in the General Certificate of Education (GCE) Advanced Level (A) Level Examination (UK Educational System) obtained in one sitting OR
- International Baccalaureate (IB) with a minimum of six (6) subjects obtained in one sitting OR
- Any other qualifications that are recognized by the Senate of the University as equivalent to the above.
Applicants must also have the following subjects taken at the above mentioned examinations (A level, IB or any other equivalent certificates):
- Mathematics (for applicants to all undergraduate programmes offered except for Bachelor of Arabic).
- Two other subjects in the intended field of study.
- Research fee: National : 280 RM/ Credit
- Research fee: International: 4750 RM/Credit
Living costs for Kuala Lumpur
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.