Boston University's Dual Degree Program in Divinity and Sacred Music also allows students to develop their musical gifts to a professional level. It is based on a perception that the integrity of worship comprises both word and music. The program prepares candidates for a dual ministry in areas such as church music and pastoral counseling, a position on a large staff, or for a comprehensive ministry as pastor and church musician in a small church.
- Dean’s Scholarships are awarded for the academic year, September to May. They are renewable each year upon the annual evaluation of the recipient’s grade point average (3.5 minimum), character, and commitment to ministerial or other religious leadership. All awards are for a maximum of three academic years of full-time MDiv/MSM study. Dean’s Scholarships are awarded before initial enrollment in the School of Theology; however, money is not available to the student until the first day of classes.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
MSM deadline: January 1
MDiv: 32 credits
DisciplinesReligious Studies & Theology Music Musicology View 1117 other Masters in Music in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A completed Application for Graduate Admission
- Three letters of recommendation.
- A personal statement
- A current résumé
- A nonrefundable application fee of $85
- International Student Data Form
- Authorized financial statement from a bank (original, shown in U.S. dollars)
- Copy of current I-20 and I-94, both sides (if applicable)
- Letter of financial support from a sponsor (firm, government, parents, etc.)
- Notarized English translations of all documents not in English
International23040 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23040 USD per year during 48 months.
National23040 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23040 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Boston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.