In the first and second years of both Boston University's PhD and MA programs in Physiology and Biophysics, a core curriculum of Foundations in Biomedical Sciences courses is supplemented with biophysics and physiology. The program emphasizes flexibility and individual choice. In the first year, students do research rotations in the laboratories of 2–3 (MA) or 3–4 (PhD) faculty members to gain firsthand knowledge of a variety of research areas.
At the end of the first year, students select a degree advisor and continue research toward the MA or PhD degree. In the second year students continue to take courses and PhD students must pass a qualifying exam. Throughout their training, students also participate in a weekly department seminar series and report their research progress annually at a student seminar day.
- Foundations of Structural Biology
- Macromolecular Assemblies: Protein-Protein, Protein-Nucleic Acid, and Membrane Protein Assemblies
- Macromolecular Assemblies: Lipid-Protein Assemblies
- Human Physiology
- Physiology of Specialized Cells
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysiology View 89 other Masters in Physiology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A completed Application for Graduate Admission
- Three letters of recommendation.
- A personal statement
- A current résumé
- A nonrefundable application fee of $85
- International Student Data Form
- Authorized financial statement from a bank (original, shown in U.S. dollars)
- Copy of current I-20 and I-94, both sides (if applicable)
- Letter of financial support from a sponsor (firm, government, parents, etc.)
- Notarized English translations of all documents not in English
International61050 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 61050 USD per year during 24 months.
National61050 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 61050 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Boston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.