The primary focus of Boston University's program is on electronic medical data generated and stored in healthcare and public health organizations. Individuals graduating from this program will have a solid knowledge of health information technology and systems—including electronic health records (EHRs)—and command of the latest medical technologies.
The Health Informatics program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education (CAHIIM). Completion of a CAHIIM-accredited program is required in order to be eligible to sit for AHIMA professional HIM Certification Exams.
- Biomedical Sciences and Health IT
- Health Informatics
- Health Information Systems
- Ethical and Legal Issues in Healthcare
- Advanced Health Informatics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Sciences Health Informatics View 1342 other Masters in Public Health in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A completed Application for Graduate Admission
- Three letters of recommendation.
- A personal statement
- A current résumé
- A nonrefundable application fee of $85
- International Student Data Form
- Authorized financial statement from a bank (original, shown in U.S. dollars)
- Copy of current I-20 and I-94, both sides (if applicable)
- Letter of financial support from a sponsor (firm, government, parents, etc.)
- Notarized English translations of all documents not in English
International58560 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 58560 USD per year during 24 months.
National58560 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 58560 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Boston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.