Boston University's Master of Arts in Art Education with Initial License program consists of courses in art education theory, methods, and materials including pre-practicum experiences and student-teaching practica to thoroughly prepare students to enter the field of teaching. Additional coursework may be necessary if undergraduate work does not satisfy minimum state requirements. The program satisfies the current Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education requirements for the Professional License for teaching visual arts to children in Pre-K through grade 12.
- Elementary Methods of Art Education
- Elementary Pre-Practicum
- Secondary Methods of Art Education
- Secondary Pre-Practicum
- Art, Access, and Inclusion
- Contemporary Issues In Art Education
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArt Education View 123 other Masters in Art Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A completed Application for Graduate Admission
- Three letters of recommendation
- A personal statement
- A current résumé
- Transcript(s) from each college and graduate school attended
- A nonrefundable application fee of $85
- International Student Data Form
- Authorized financial statement from a bank (original, shown in U.S. dollars)
- Copy of current I-20 and I-94, both sides (if applicable)
- Letter of financial support from a sponsor (firm, government, parents, etc.)
- Notarized English translations of all documents not in English
International29308 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29308 USD per year during 24 months.
National29308 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29308 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Boston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.