About this Textile Chemistry Degree
The faculty of the Department has good interaction with the industry. A number of industries have been benefited by the technical advice given by the faculty. There have been a number of industrial and governmental research projects in which problems of mutual interest are investigated and the students as well as the Department have been benefitting by this interaction.
The department at the Institute of Chemical Technology is recognized as Centre of Advanced studies in “Physicochemical aspects of Textile, Fibres, Polymers and Dyes” presently in Phase VII, since 1962. The department also received a grant of Rs. 1.55 crores recently under DST-FIST programme which is highest so far for the department. The department has played an important role in evaluating TUFS under Ministry of Textiles, GOI.
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineeringfundamentals, and knowledge in specialized field of Fibres and Textile Processing Technology to the solution of complex Textile and apparel industrial problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complexTextile and Apparel chemical technological problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, engineering sciences including Fibres and Textile Processing technology.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex Fibres and Textile Processing technology related problems anddesign system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Chemistry of Dyes & Pigments and their Applications
- Chemistry of Natural Fibres
- Pretreatment of Textiles
- Manufacture of Yarn and Fabric
- Textile Chemicals and Fibres Analysis
- Pretreatment Laboratory
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemical Engineering Chemistry Fashion, Textiles and Luxury Goods View 11 other Masters in Fashion, Textiles and Luxury Goods in India
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- B.Sc. with chemistry at the third year of programme.
- For eligibility the candidate should have passed any one of the Bachelor’s degree as mentioned in required qualification for that respective programme. The candidate should have passed Bachelor’s degree from ICT or any equivalent examination of a post HSC/HSSC four year degree programme of IIT/NIT or any university/institute recognized by UGC/AICTE .
International499 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 499 USD per year during 24 months.
National499 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 499 USD per year during 24 months.
41,250 Rs. per year
Living costs for Mumbai
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.