About this Degree
The Department at the Institute of Chemical Technology has produced distinguished alumni who occupy key positions of research, development, design, production and consultants in major plastic industries. Some of our Plastic Engineering alumni have completed their doctoral degrees and handling R&D departments of the industries successfully.
Few of them have become a successful entrepreneurs. Presently few industry-sponsored candidates sponsored by industries like Dow, TVS motors, BASF are doing M E and Ph.D. in our department. The department has laboratory facilities such as Engineering Workshop, Electrical and Electronics, Structural Mechanics, Drawing halls catering to the needs of undergraduate and postgraduate students of the Institute. Plastic processing and testing laboratory, CAD/ CAM & CAE facilities with various mold analysis and design software.
- To provide an interdisciplinary specialization in masters degree with an emphasis on materials, polymer processing, product design and mold design
- To produce employable graduates with knowledge and competence in scientific and engineering aspects of polymers, complemented by the appropriate skills and attributes.
- To impart the fundamental concepts of synthetic resins, composites, engineering plastics, speciality plastics and their applications in industries.
- To gain knowledge on computer-aided design and drafting and analysis softwares in engineering applications.
- Technology and Chemistry of Polymers
- Processing of Plastics
- Plastic Design and Testing
- Seminar and Critical Review
- Design of Moulds
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 106 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in India
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- B.E/B.Tech/ B.Sc (Tech) in Polymer Engineering and Technology /Surface Coating Technology /Technology of Plastics /Technology of Paints /Rubber Technology / Polymer Engineering / Plastics Engineering /Petrochemical Engineering / Petrochemical Technology/Paints Technology/Polymer Technology/Plastics Technology
- For eligibility the candidate should have passed any one of the Bachelor’s degree as mentioned in required qualification for that respective programme. The candidate should have passed Bachelor’s degree from ICT or any equivalent examination of a post HSC/HSSC four year degree programme of IIT/NIT or any university/institute recognized by UGC/AICTE .
International807 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 807 USD per year during 24 months.
National807 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 807 USD per year during 24 months.
- 60,000 Rs.
Living costs for Mumbai
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.