The School of Medical Sciences from University Sains Malaysia offers a wide range of postgraduate programs which mainly focus on medical and health related disciplines. There are three different modes of postgraduate studies: Coursework Mode, Mixed Mode, and Research Mode.
What you'll study
There are 25 clinical specialty programs offered, comprised of 7 medical-based, 7 surgical-based, 6 laboratory-based as well as 5 public health programs. Other programs include the Master of Science in Medical Psychology, Master of Cognitive Neurosciences, Master of Psychology (Clinical), Doctor of Psychology (Clinical Psychology) and Doctor of Psychology (Clinical Neuropsychology).
- Cognitive – Behaviour Psychotherapy, Rehabilitation of Chronic Schizophrenia, Psychotherapy
- Liason Psychiatry, Drug Abuse, AIDS, Grief, Pain
- Child and Adolescence, Forensic Psychiatry, Neuro-Psychiatry
- Behaviour Counselling Therapy, Psychiatry
- Social and Community Psychiatry, Schizophrenia Transcultural, Psychiatric, Psychopharmacology
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPsychology Cognitive Sciences School Counselling View 26 other Masters in Psychology in Malaysia
- A MBBS/MD or equivalent degree, BSc in Medical Sciences/Biotechnology/Biology/ Chemistry/Physics or other related fields from a recognised university.
International3150 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1575 USD per semester during 12 months.
National1988 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 994 USD per semester during 12 months.
Full time local: Tuition Fee (Semester) : 4,200.00 MYR
Local: Tuition Fee (Semester) : 3,585.00 MYR
International: Tuition Fee (Semester) : 1,425.00 USD
Living costs for George Town
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.