About this Degree
Students in Social, Behavioral, and Population Sciences SBPS at Tulane University engage in innovative training and field applications in social and behavioral program development, evaluation, and research to promote health equity. Students will learn skills needed to identify and address the critical areas of societal and structural bases of health inequities.
The program has a strong emphasis on social determinants of health and multi-level models of health promotion. In addition, students have the option to tailor their courses to an area of interest in social, behavioral, and population health; for example, maternal and child health, sexual and reproductive health, health communication, nutrition, health equity, or violence.
The program prepares individuals for professional practice and leadership roles in the social and behavioral sciences and graduates progress to careers in national and international government agencies (such as the Centers for Disease Control and state health departments), global nonprofit organizations, public health institutes, and academia, as well as further graduate training.
- Social & Behavioral Aspects of Health
- Health Equity for Public Health Practitioners
- Foundations of Public Health
- Biostatistics for Public Health
- Evidence-Based Research Methods in Social-Behavioral Sciences
- Epidemiology for Public Health
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesOrganisational Behaviour Health Sciences View 2389 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher learning.
- Academic achievement – typically a GPA above 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- GRE scores are currently waived due to the pandemic for all programs except Industrial Hygiene (both in person and online). The MHA program accepts GMAT scores and most programs will accept the MCAT in lieu of the GRE.
- Non-English speakers: Demonstration of proficiency in English to be able to study and communicate in English. In general scores of 89 or higher on TOEFL or an IELTS band of 6.5 are desired. Language testing will be waived if student has received a degree from an accredited U.S. institution.
International44340 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1478 USD per credit during 18 months.
National44340 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1478 USD per credit during 18 months.
Living costs for New Orleans
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.