About this Degree
The International Health and Sustainable Development curriculum offers a balance between structure and flexibility so that students can fulfill their unique academic needs with coursework that can adapt to important emerging areas in the field. The hallmark of the program is advanced skills in monitoring and evaluation in a global context. In addition, part of the MPH education in IHSD is to familiarize students into the world of health interventions in LMICs, which is very different than the U.S. context.
The curriculum and applied learning opportunities draw upon Tulane University's extensive overseas research, technical assistance work, and nearly four decades of experience in providing leadership training in international health to students from around the world. Coursework and learning opportunities are designed to emphasize the importance of cultural, social and behavioral factors influencing health.
- Foundations in Public Health
- Epidemiology for Public Health
- Health Systems Policy and Mgmt
- Design Strategies in PH Prgrms
- Social and Behavioral Aspects of Health
- Monitoring Global Heath Proble
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesSustainable Development Health Management Health Sciences View 881 other Masters in Health Management in United States
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher learning.
- Academic achievement – typically a GPA above 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- GRE scores are currently waived due to the pandemic for all programs except Industrial Hygiene (both in person and online). The MHA program accepts GMAT scores and most programs will accept the MCAT in lieu of the GRE.
- Non-English speakers: Demonstration of proficiency in English to be able to study and communicate in English. In general scores of 89 or higher on TOEFL or an IELTS band of 6.5 are desired. Language testing will be waived if student has received a degree from an accredited U.S. institution.
International33255 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1478 USD per credit during 24 months.
National33255 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1478 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for New Orleans
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.