Data science is a STEM discipline founded on the principles of mathematics and the sciences and developed through a synthesis of mathematics and computer science. One may think of data science as a blending together of methods and ideas from analysis, statistics, databases, big data, artificial intelligence, numerical analysis, graph theory and visualization for the purposes of finding information in data and applying that information to solving real-world problems.
- Ask the questions so that problems in a particular business or industrial situation become clear
- Determine if the problem may be addressed with data science methods and tools, and if yes, propose potential methods for solving the problems
- Make suggestions for how data science may be used to enhance the quality and value of currently existing products (whether the products are physical or methods) and how data science may be used in the development of new products
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced database systems design
- Data mining techniques
- Big data analytics
- Applied statistics
- Computational statistics
- Statistical learning
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
For timely consideration of the application, it is recommended applicants submit a complete application at least one month before the start of the semester.
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Technology Data Science & Big Data View 511 other Masters in Data Science & Big Data in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 3.000 undergraduate GPA (on a 4.000 point scale)
- Prerequisite mathematics and computer science courses1
- Official transcript(s)
- Two letters of recommendation
- English language proficiency
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International17982 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17982 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National17982 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17982 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
In-State9648 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9648 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Kent
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.