About this Degree
The Master of Professional Studies in Emergency Management from Tulane University consists of nine core courses in a range of academic disciplines such as homeland security and approaches to counter-terrorism, emergency management administration, and disaster communications.
Depending on their specific interests and professional goals, students will also have the choice of taking one elective course in sport/event security and response or leadership, influence, and decision making in disasters. Upon completion, the program finishes with a career-focused capstone course that will allow you to integrate and apply key concepts through a business-based project conducted at a public or non-profit sector entity.
- Emergency Management
- Health & Med Issues in EM
- Emergency Planning
- Disaster Communications
- Emergency Management Admin
- Sport/Event Security and Respo
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesStrategic Management Emergency & Disaster Management View 71 other Masters in Emergency & Disaster Management in United States
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- A statement of 250-500 words discussing their background beyond academic coursework, and how the program will assist them to achieve professional objectives.
- Official college transcripts from each college attended. Typically, successful applicants will have at least a “B” (3.00) average in all coursework taken.
- Applicants may be conditionally admitted and allowed to take one class in their first semester, in which a B or better must be earned to be fully admitted to the program. Students who do not meet the 3.00-grade point average in their undergraduate coursework but who possess sufficient professional experience in the security studies field may be admitted provisionally into the program.
International36927 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1119 USD per credit during 12 months.
National36927 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1119 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for New Orleans
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.