USF College of Education
At a time when the skills and pedagogy of classroom teachers and school administrators is more important than ever, the USF College of Education offers state-of-the-art teacher training and collaborative and collegial graduate studies designed to empower educational leaders. Working closely with our partners in the school districts across the Tampa Bay region, we seek to work with our community to extend proven educational initiatives and discover new ways of preparing life-long learners.
Whether you are looking to obtain your first teaching certification or you are returning to complete graduate coursework as part of your professional development, we have the resources and support you need to be successful in reaching your goals. The Secondary English Education MA program is offered at University of South Florida.
- Classroom Communication in English Education
- Theory and Practice of Teaching English Language Learners
- Secondary Language & Literacy Acquisition in Children & Adolescents
- Language Principles, Acquisition & Assessment for English Language Learners
- Current Teaching of the English Language and the Study of Traditional Grammar
- Issues in Vocabulary and Word Study
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Secondary Education View 910 other Masters in Language Studies in United States
- Proof of successful completion of the GKT or of GRE with minimum score of 156 in verbal reasoning and a least 4/6 on analytical writing.
- Students with fewer than 24 upper-level undergraduate course credits in English may still be accepted to the program, but they will be required to make up the deficiency in undergraduate coursework by taking additional graduate courses in English/Education during the program.
- A personal statement (300-500 words) stating educational or professional purpose for pursuing this graduate degree.
- Two letters of recommendation from former professors assessing the applicant’s readiness for graduate study (or, if a former professor is not an option because the applicant has been out of school for several years, letters from work supervisors are permissible).
International15864 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15864 USD per year during 12 months.
National15864 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15864 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State7840 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7840 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Tampa
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.