At Community Medicine from University Sains Malaysia the School of Medical Sciences from University Sains Malaysia offers a wide range of postgraduate programs which mainly focus on medical and health related disciplines. There are three different modes of postgraduate studies: Coursework Mode, Mixed Mode, and Research Mode.
What you'll study
There are 25 clinical specialty programs offered, comprised of 7 medical-based, 7 surgical-based, 6 laboratory-based as well as 5 public health programs. Other programs include the Master of Science in Community Medicine, Master of Cognitive Neurosciences, Master of Psychology (Clinical), Doctor of Psychology (Clinical Psychology) and Doctor of Psychology (Clinical Neuropsychology).
We also offer an extensive list of Mixed Mode and Research Mode programs, to meet your study needs and interests. The range of highly experienced and skillful supervisors ensures that your study experience will be enjoyable.
Research thrust areas include:
- Environmental and Occupational Health
- Obesity: Prevention and Control, Nutritional, Nutrition and Aging, Breastfeeding
- High Risk Pregnancy, Smoking
- Community Medicine
- Occupational health
Research Thrust Areas
- Public Health and Health Service, Geriatric Health, Evaluation of Management Health Services, Accident Prevention
- Health Personal Education, Problem-Based Learning, Community-Based Learning
- Public Health and Epiderminology, Control of Diarrhoea Diseases, Health Effects of Pesticides Among Tobacco Planters
- Geriatric health, Evaluation of Management health services
- Maternal and Child Health, Community Health Development
- Malariology and Tropical Medicine, Public Health, Epidemiology of Communicable Diseases and Tropical diseases surveillance system, Sport Sciences and Fitness
- Control and Prevention, Management of Common Tropical and Infectious Diseases
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Health Sciences Community Development View 178 other Masters in Health Sciences in Malaysia
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University Sains Malaysia and/or in Malaysia, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A MBBS/MD or equivalent degree
- BSc in Medical Sciences/Biotechnology/Biology/ Chemistry/Physics or other related fields from a recognised university.
International3150 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1575 USD per semester during 12 months.
National1790 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 895 USD per semester during 12 months.
- National (Part Time): 3585 MYR
- International (Part Time): 1425 USD
Living costs for George Town
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.