Rationale For The Programme
- To enhance the quality of English Language Teaching in Malaysia, supporting Malaysian government’s initiative by targeting mid-career professionals and those aiming to pursue a career in the field of TESL.
- To raise competent and academically qualified English Language teachers to meet the growing demand in the private sector education.
- To equip English Language teachers with skills to enable them to make learning of English efficacious and interesting.
- To enhance professional competence, knowledge and students’ career prospect in the discipline based on informed practices and broader view of education.
- To upgrade and update teaching skills and benefit from new developments in the field of TESL while acquiring enquiry skills for continuous professional development.
- To enable teachers to effectively manage curriculum changes and changing needs of learners.
- Second Language Learning: Theory, Acquisition, & Development
- TESL Methodology: Theories and Practice
- Task-Based Language Teaching
- Testing, Evaluation, & Measurement in TESL
- Curriculum and Syllabus Design in TESL
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages Teaching English View 8 other Masters in Teaching English in Malaysia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor’s degree of a course of study of at least 3 years from a recognised university with a minimum CGPA of 2.5 or equivalent, subject to following:
- For non-education graduates, a minimum of one year’s teaching experience is required – those with less than one year’s teaching experience are required to attend a bridging programme to prepare them for the MEDU (TL) programme.
- Non-degree holders with at least a diploma or STPM may obtain MQA Accreditation of Prior Experiential Learning (APEL) approval for postgrad admission.
Living costs for Kuala Lumpur
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.