The amount and speed of data are increasing across every industry—especially health care. A Master of Science in Clinical and Health Informatics from the University of Wisconsin Madison ensures that you have a strong foundation in clinical informatics methods so you can create innovative solutions or improve the ones already in place.
The Clinical and Health Informatics program integrates electronic health record analysis, database design and clinical operational management, health modeling, and health care data security into one degree. It also supplements your existing health care expertise and builds analytical and management skills.
Work with instructors and peers across an array of disciplines to understand how to make key decisions about health, security, and biomedical and health information problems. You complete classes in data analytics, engineering design, information systems, management, and leadership skills.
- The Clinical and Health Informatics master’s program is 100% online, so you can earn your degree without disrupting your life.
- The program leverages the expertise of faculty from a variety of fields to create an interdisciplinary curriculum that draws on data management; interprofessional practice; and data design, systems, and operational management across health care fields.
- The program was designed directly with industry demands in mind. We created our courses in response to the surge in demand for expertise in electronic health record analysis, database design and clinical operational management, health modeling, and health care data security.
- Translational and Outcomes Research in Health and Health Care
- Foundations of Data-Driven Healthcare
- Human Factors Engineering Design and Evaluation
- Principles of Population Health Sciences
- Evaluation of Health Informatics Solutions
- Health Promotion and Disease Prevention in Diverse Communities
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences Health Management Health Sciences View 260 other Masters in Informatics & Information Sciences in United States
- Have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Have a minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0 on the last 60 credits of degree.
- Submit evidence of English language proficiency, if applicable. The required proficiency scores are: TOEFL IBT 92, PBT 580; or IELTS 7.0.
- Have an academic degree focus in a medical field, health sciences, information technology, statistics, or similar.
- Have a focused area of interest in informatics, data analytics, clinical care or research, health information technology or similar.
- Have completed (or are in the process of completing) a college-level statistics course. Equivalent work experience is considered, with micro-course learning in the program.
- Online application
- Supplemental application consisting of seven short answer questions
- Statement of purpose by providing a copy of your resume
- Two letters of recommendation
International24000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1600 USD per credit during 24 months.
National24000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1600 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State24000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1600 USD per credit during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.