The Nursing programme at University of Kwazulu Natal enjoys good working relationships with other international partners with whom Memoranda Of Understanding have been signed for collaboration.
From humble beginnings, with the introduction of the advanced diploma in nursing education at the then University of Natal in 1956, to the admission of the first 10 students in 1962 for the BSoc Sc degree in nursing, the School of Nursing on the Howard College campus of the University has prospered and now has about 1750 students in it’s undergraduate degrees and diploma programmes and about 90 students in it’s postgraduate programmes.
- Following the merger of the Universities of Natal and Durban-Westville in 2004, the School of Nursing became one of six schools in the Faculty of Health Sciences.
- The diverse and relevant suite of postgraduate programmes reflect the training needs of South Africa and indeed the African continent.
- Advanced Practice Nurse Role
- Research Project
- Nursing Research and Nursing Research Methods
- Applied Critical Care Nursing
- Essentials of Critical Care Nursing
- Trauma Nursing and Life Support
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Nursing View 31 other Masters in Nursing in South Africa
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Kwazulu Natal and/or in South Africa, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
Candidates are eligible to apply for selection to register for the qualification Master of Nursing provided they have a;
- Bachelor of Nursing, or
- Bachelor of Nursing Honours
International15218 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15218 USD per year during 12 months.
National1843 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1843 USD per year during 12 months.
International: Part-time (two or more years) or one semester (first or second) $7 609 per annum
Living costs for Durban
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.