Pharmacy is dynamic, information driven, product-and patient-orientated profession. In accordance with the requirements laid down by the South African Pharmacy Council, the Pharmacy degree at University of Kwazulu Natal is designed to produce healthcare professionals who are committed to meeting the pharmaceutical needs of all health seeking communities.
- Pharmacists are responsible for distributing prescription drugs to patients and teaching them how to use their medication properly.
- They keep a careful watch on patients to make sure they are using their prescriptions properly.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Basic Epidemiology
- Research Methods and Design
- Evidence Based Practice
- Application of Pharmacoeconomic Concepts
- Clinical Service Development and Evaluation
- Rational Drug Use
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesChemistry Pharmacy View 47 other Masters in Pharmacy in South Africa
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Kwazulu Natal and/or in South Africa, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
Candidates are eligible to apply for selection to register for the qualification Master of Pharmacy (Pharmacy Practice / Pharmacoeconomics) provided they have:
- Bachelor of Pharmacy qualification, or
- MBChB qualification, and
- at least two (2) years of experience in the pharmaceutical services (industry, community or hospital) for the Pharmacy Practice stream, or
- at least two (2) years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry, managed health care or health facility management for the Pharmacoeconomics stream
International15218 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15218 USD per year during 12 months.
National1843 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1843 USD per year during 12 months.
International: Part-time (two or more years) or one semester (first or second) $7 609 per annum
Living costs for Durban
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.