Learn how to develop long-term operational strategies with the Engineering - Manufacturing Systems Engineering degree from the University of Wisconsin Madison. Understand how the production floor, supply chain and other systems work as a whole and how best to drive improvement. Build relationships with peers from around the globe and share successes and ways to address challenges. This online program can have an immediate positive impact on your capabilities and performance without interrupting your career.
After completing courses in industrial engineering, mechanical engineering and business, you will be ready for your next role. Whether you’re interested in becoming a senior manufacturing engineer, a production manager or plant manager—you will have the knowledge and expertise to stand out in your organization.
- The online MSE program requires weekly, direct interaction between the professor and students, often resulting in more live discussion, group work and networking than a typical campus lecture format.
- We pair flexibility with a fixed curriculum and semester schedule that will allow you to maintain focus and consistent progress. This versatile but structured approach produces graduates with valuable new skills. As a master’s student, you will develop and polish your skills in project and change management, team leadership, and effective communication.
- The online MSE degree program, can be completed in two to three years and you may transfer up to six credits of prior graduate work. Our program consists of 30 credits, designed to give you a well-rounded professional education.
- The courses in the online MSE program will build your ability to collect and manage data, conduct sustainable system improvements, design and operate supply chains, and evaluate new technologies for the manufacturing process.
- Quality Engineering and Quality Management
- Production Systems Control
- Technical Project Management
- Logistics Management
- Fundamentals of Industrial Data Analytics
- Engineering Economics and Management
- Design and Analysis of Manufacturing Systems
- Smart Manufacturing
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 110 other Masters in Industrial & Systems Engineering in United States
- A bachelor of science (BS) degree from a program accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) or the equivalent.
- A minimum undergraduate grade-point average (GPA) of 3.00 or the equivalent of the last 60 semester hours (approximately two years of work) or a master’s degree with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00.
- Applicants whose native language is not English must provide scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
- GRE is not required. Applicants who have taken the test are encouraged to submit their scores.
International19500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 39000 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
National19500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 39000 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
In-State19500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 39000 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
$1,300 per credit
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.