The Psychological Sciences MA program offered at University of South Florida also cultivates advanced competence in research methodology required to interpret and evaluate applied research data. For students in both thesis and non-thesis options, elective courses in the domains of experimental and applied psychology, data analysis, infant-family mental health, ethics and cultural competence, and other basic and applied areas round out coursework requirements for the degree. Students on the thesis track also complete an empirical master’s thesis.
Our program is designed to advance your study of Psychology if you were a strong undergraduate major in psychology or a related field or if your undergraduate major was in a field other than psychology and you seek re-specialization coursework. Our graduates will demonstrate a conceptual understanding of advanced psychology and contribute intellectually to the field.
As a program graduate with a M.A. in Psychological Sciences, you will be:
- Positioned to assume human service and health research positions demanding advanced competencies in research methodology; data tracking, collection, and analysis; and grant writing associated with graduate training
- Eligible for teaching positions at high schools and colleges or universities at (1000/2000 level coursework)
- Competitive for admission to top doctoral programs because of your exceptional, research-based education in a nationally-recognized program of faculty research
- Physiological Psychology
- Typical and Atypical Development
- Cognitive Psychology
- Research Methods and Measurement
- Prevention Science & Health Psychology
- Professional and Ethical Issues in Psychology
- Infant Family Mental Health
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Cognitive Sciences Clinical Psychology View 391 other Masters in Clinical Psychology in United States
- Minimum GRE score of 151 Verbal, 150 quantitative, and a 4.0 on the writing subsection.
- Undergraduate Introduction to Psychology, Statistics, and Research Methods classes are required.
- A 1000-word statement of intent for seeking an M.A. in Psychological Sciences, including discussion of: your academic background; the specific scholarly issues of which you have interest; how your background has prepared you to excel in the Psychological Sciences M.A. program; and how you intend to apply your education when you complete the M.A. program.
- Three (3) letters of recommendation from qualified people familiar with the nature of the work required of graduate students in the social sciences, and who can address your ability to excel in graduate work.
- Two (2) examples of professional or academic writing; one (1) academic writing sample must be a research paper at least five pages in length in APA writing style.
International15864 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15864 USD per year during 24 months.
National15864 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15864 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State7840 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7840 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Saint Petersburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.