Graduates from Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia, with basic knowledge of physiology are able to study advanced physiology at the postgraduate levels.
Each Medical Science- Physiology (Mixed Mode) student is required to present a seminar, problem solving and write an article for each course. The purpose of the seminar is to encourage students to understand certain topics on their own without relying on lectures and to train students to explain a topic clearly and systematically.
Problem solving is a method of exposing students to problems in the medical field and emphasizing how basic knowledge of physiology is associated with disease symptoms.
Course coordinator will hold a discussion with the students prior to each presentation. Students are also encouraged to listen to lectures given to Year 1 Medical students. All articles must be submitted to the coordinator at the end of each course.
- Cardiovascular Physiology
- Respiratory Physiology
- Nervous System Physiology
- Basic Medical Statistics
- Renal Physiology
- Reproductive Physiology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine Health Sciences View 77 other Masters in Public Health in Malaysia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor of Science (Hons) with cumulative grade (CGPA) not less than 3.00 OR equivalent degree OR Medical Degree from a government-recognized institution of higher learning with a minimum grade for Physiology subject is grade B; OR
- Candidates with a CGPA of less than 3.00 must have working experience with prospective supervisors in related fields for at least ONE (1) year.
- Obtain a minimum score of 79-93 for TOEFL.
- All international and self-funded applicants must show written proof of the financial status received either in the form of an active bank statement / financial institution or a letter of guarantee received.
- Pass the admission test and interview at the department level.
International2976 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1488 USD per semester during 24 months.
National1648 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 824 USD per semester during 24 months.
- Nationals RM 3,485
- International RM 6,290
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.