The department is well equipped for medical research of international standard and works closely with the clinical counter parts at the HCTM and other preclinical departments, UKM Medical Molecular Biology Institute (UMBI) as well as other local and international universities.
Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia offer three different courses: Master of Medical Science in Biochemistry by coursework, Master of Medical Science (MMedSc) by Research, and Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Biochemistry.
The MMedSc by Research and PhD programs are subjected to the availability of research grants.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Functional Human Biochemistry
- Metabolism and Its Regulation
- Tissue Biochemistry in Health & Disease
- Nutritional Biochemistry in Health and Disease
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemistry Biology Biochemistry View 17 other Masters in Biochemistry in Malaysia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor degree from Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia or from any other university recognized by the Senate; OR
- Other relevant professional qualifications or experience recognized as equivalent by the Senate; AND
- Local and international candidates must apply through the Centre for Academic Management UKM and Centre for Educational Extension, UKM respectively; AND
- For international candidates must also submit proof of proficiency in spoken and written english.
- Must also show proof of good financial standing for the entire period of the course. Candidates must have their own medical protection and health insurance policy cover.
International2976 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1488 USD per semester during 24 months.
National1648 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 824 USD per semester during 24 months.
- Nationals RM 3,485
- International RM 6,290
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.