The fields offered at the Marine Sciences Programme from University Sains Malaysia are as followed:
Research Thrust Areas:
- Research on various aspects of the dynamics operating in this complex ecosystem such as biological productivity, estuarine hydrodynamics and nutrient fluxes.
- Research on the behaviour of environmental pollutants in the estuarine and coastal waters, and their effects on physiological status of marine organisms
- Research on marine aquaculture of fish, seaweed, mollusk and crustacean for sustainability.
- Research in monitoring, understanding and restoring coral reefs from the microbiology and genetics aspects and also reef processes and the effects of natural and man-made influences on the health and conservation of coral reefs.
- Research in the management of the coast using an integrated approach, regarding all aspects of the coastal zone, including geographical and political boundaries, in an attempt to achieve sustainability.
- Research in marine biodiversity, impacts and adaptation to climate change, water quality and ecosystem health.
- Biodiversity Conservation: Research in the theory and practice of ecological networks to conserve biodiversity; sustainable utilization and conservation of flora and fauna; biodiversity change and sustainable development
Research areas include:
- Study on Mangrove Ecosystems
- Marine Pollution and Toxicology
- Coral Reef Ecosystem
- Integrated Coastal Zone Management
- Marine Sciences
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesHydrology & Water Management Marine Studies Environmental Sciences View 65 other Masters in Environmental Sciences in Malaysia
- A minimum of 2.75/4.00 for BSc in Biology or equivalent; or
- CGPA below 2.75/4.00 for BSc in Biology or equivalent with additional requirements
International2500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1250 USD per semester during 12 months.
National1586 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 793 USD per semester during 12 months.
Full time local: Tuition Fee (Semester) : 3,350.00 MYR
Local: Tuition Fee (Semester) : 2,775.00 MYR
International: Tuition Fee (Semester) : 1,113.00 USD
Living costs for George Town
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.