Starting from a study of the history and current scenarios of the nautical sector, students will go on to study the market and obtain more detail knowledge of the different types of boats. They acquire significant knowledge of materials, technologies and production methods, including through hands-on experience in a shipyard. They are provided with technical drawing and design tools, as well.A further strength of this Master course is the fact that is delivered on two campuses, Turin and Venice. This offers participants a dual scenario, in which both cities represent an important aspect of the themes the course is focused on: the tradition of the automotive industry on the one hand, and the maritime vocation on the other. The training course ends with a Thesis Project, developed on a brief given by a boatyard or a design studio.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
The course is planned in levels, which begin with providing students with essential knowledge of the nautical sector, in terms of both cultural aspects and basic techniques. From there, students gradually acquire the skills connected with yacht design.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign Marine Engineering Transportation Engineering View 5 other Masters in Transportation Engineering in Italy
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Be proficient in the language of the chosen course (Italian/English) and comply with the language requirement listed in the relevant section below;
- Hold a Bachelor Degree or other qualification – also issued abroad or by a private higher education institution – deemed suitable*. IED will also assess applications submitted by candidates proving at least 2-year relevant work experience in a related professional field.
- Hold the specific program requirements listed in the relevant Master brochure and webpage of the selected programme;
- Comply with the admission and enrolment procedures;
- In case of graduating students, such applicants may be conditionally admitted provided that they obtain the undergraduate degree before the discussion of the Master thesis.
- For students applying for 1st Level Master programmes at IED, it is also necessary not be simultaneously enrolled to any other recognised academic course at any other higher education institution.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International20100 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20100 EUR per year during 12 months.
National20100 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20100 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Turin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.