Acquire a strong foundation in the mathematical methods used in Data Science while studying a wide range of applied topics in machine learning, data science, and data mining. Gain valuable hands-on experience through paid positions offered as part of our co-op program. Scholarships at Hofstra University are available for qualified candidates.
- Data Science
- Data Warehousing
- Machine Learning
- Computational Matrix Algebra and Applications
- Nonlinear Optimization
- Probability and Statistical Inference
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesMathematics Applied Mathematics Data Science & Big Data View 983 other Masters in Mathematics in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Hofstra University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Completion of a bachelor's degree in mathematics, computer science, or a related discipline from an accredited institution with a minimum 3.0 GPA.
- The GRE score is required for international students who did not study before in the USA from an examination within the previous five years of the application date. For non-native speakers of English, a TOEFL may be required unless waived by the program director or the Office of Graduate Admission, after having received evidence of English-language proficiency.
- All applications for admission are considered based on their own merits, with weight given to the strength of a student's previous academic performance, scores obtained on the GRE, professional experiences indicating increasing levels of responsibility, and any other pertinent information which the candidate for admission may provide to the Committee on Admissions.
International48150 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1605 USD per credit during 12 months.
National48150 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1605 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Hempstead
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.