This Professional Studies – Veterinary Parasitology program from Cornell University is designed for individuals who seek to enhance their careers with specialized professional training in Veterinary Parasitology. Professionals and workers in industry, government or non-governmental organizations are encouraged to take advantage of the flexible nature of the program.
The MPS degree can be completed in one year, and provides rigorous training in all aspects of parasitology at one of the nation’s top Colleges of Veterinary Medicine.
The MPS in Veterinary Medical Sciences at Cornell is unique in the country, and provides the opportunity for registered students to:
- Take in-depth and comprehensive courses covering a range of highly relevant topics
- Get hands-on lab experiences, with options to pursue experiences at labs around the country
- Develop and prepare a capstone project
- Courses and labs are offered in a hybrid manner (mix of online and residential formats) that is friendly to the working professional. Graduates of the MPS program will be competitive for positions in industry, federal and state government, and academia.
Program Learning Objectives
- Students in this program will gain a broad understanding of parasitology, including basic knowledge of the biology and taxonomy of parasites, as well as clinical aspects of infections such as disease processes in the animal, diagnostics and treatment methods.
- In addition, important component of the program is developing the students’ understanding of the role of government agencies in animal health and the interactions required with such agencies with respect to parasite prevention, treatment, and control.
- Parasite Identification
- Non-Morphologic Parasite
- Parasitologic Necropsy
- Cases with Lab Specimens
- Equine Necropsy Gluck
- Clinical Parasitology
- Medical Veterinary Acarology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Veterinary Medicine Health Sciences View 2167 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Cornell University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Statement of purpose
- Curriculum vita or resume
- Two letters of recommendation
- Academic transcript(s) – undergraduate and/or veterinary degree as applicable
- Foreign nationals must submit proof of English language proficiency – TOEFL or IELTS
- Note: GRE general test scores are not required for admission but may be submitted at the applicant’s discretion
International61344 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1704 USD per credit during 12 months.
National61344 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1704 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Ithaca
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.