Landscape architecture (LA) students from Cornell University, interested in the social, political, and economic context in which design occurs, or planning students who want to establish a deeper concentration in physical design and planning than the existing planning curriculum can provide, are ideal candidates for the dual degree program.
FeaturesThe City and Regional Planning (dual degree) prepares students for work in areas such as physical planning, environmental analysis, community development, and urban design — skills which are highly sought after in the public, private, and nonprofit sectors.
Programme StructureConcentrations by Subject
- city and regional planning
- designing the city
- economic development planning: communities and regions
- international studies in planning
- land use and environmental planning
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArchitecture Landscape Architecture Urban Planning View 188 other Masters in Landscape Architecture in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Students apply for admission to the dual degree generally after already being accepted to either CRP or LA, but need to be admitted to both programs separately. Typically, a student will apply to the complementary program during their first year at Cornell.
- all Graduate School Requirements, including the TOEFL Exam or IELTS Academic Exam for non-native English applicants
- two recommendations
- TOEFL or IELTS English proficiency test
- Note: GRE test scores are no longer required for application to this program
International40888 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 40888 USD per year during 36 months.
National40888 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 40888 USD per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Ithaca
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.