Learning Outcomes of the Industrial and Labor Relations program
- Developing in-depth knowledge of the academic literature on organizations and work relations in order to make original and substantial scholarly contributions to the field
- Mastering research methodologies and analytic skills required for the collection of data, analysis of those data and interpretation of findings at Cornell University
- Gaining an understanding of the processes involved in publishing original research in peer-reviewed journals and other scholarly outlets (including tacit knowledge about choosing the right outlet, responding to editors and reviewers, and disseminating publications)
- Developing presentational skills for both professional conferences and teaching - two venues that may require different sorts of skills
Programme StructureConcentrations by Subject
- human resource studies (M.S./Ph.D. only)
- international and comparative labor
- labor economics (minor)
- labor relations, law, and history (M.S./Ph.D. only)
- organizational behavior (M.S./Ph.D. only)
- social statistics (minor)
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Sociology Environmental Economics & Policy View 604 other Masters in Sociology in United States
- all Graduate School Requirements
- two academic recommendations (Letters of Recommendation must be uploaded with the online application. Letters submitted to the field directly via mail or email will not be accepted).
- GRE general test or GMAT
- TOEFL (for international applicants)
International20800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20800 USD per year during 12 months.
National20800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20800 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Ithaca
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.