- Latin American Studies students at the University of California, San Diego have the option to choose their own focus of study or choose a specialized area of concentration
- Five concentration options give students the opportunity to pursue specialized academic study
- Small cohort of graduate students maximizes access to faculty and campus resources
- Location near the border, facilitates study of U.S.-Mexican issues
- Over 90 leading faculty members with expertise in Latin America
The M.A. program in Latin American Studies is distinctive because the majority of its graduate students travel abroad to conduct their research.
- Latin American Studies & US Liberation Movements
- Digital Oral History in Latin America
- Special Topics in Latin American Studies
- Core Seminar on Interdisciplinary Research and Methodology in Latin American Studies
- Mexican Migration Field Research Program (MMFRP)
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies General Studies & Classics Literature View 826 other Masters in Literature in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of California, San Diego and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Statement of Purpose
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Writing sample of 20 pages or less
- Three (3) Letters of Recommendation
- Application fee of $120 for US applicants and $140 for international applicants; An Application Fee Waiver is available for applicants that meet certain eligibility guidelines.
- Transcripts from all college/university work.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is required for international applicants whose native language is not English
International32589 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32589 USD per year during 12 months.
National32589 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32589 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State17487 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17487 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for San Diego
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.